The Sunshine Fund enables Manitoba children who do not have the financial means through parents, guardians or agencies, an opportunity to attend an accredited Manitoba summer camp.
To date the Sunshine Fund has raised over $4.3 million dollars has provided nearly 19,000 summer camp experiences since 1979.
The Sunshine Fund is operated by the Manitoba Camping Association that has been established since 1937. They are involved in:
* Promotion of organized camping as an educational and recreational experience that contributes to personal enrichment.
* Acting as the coordinating body for organized camping in Manitoba.
* Development and encouragement of standards for organized camping in Manitoba.
* Studying, interpreting and communicating knowledge of regulations and developments of concern to organized camping.
* Representation of member camps and organizations to government agencies and to the public.
* Distant of the Winnipeg Free Press Sunshine Fund (since 1979), enabling financially disadvantaged children to attend accredited summer camps.
For more information please visit: www.mbcamping.ca/sunshinefund.htm
Please make cheques out to:
302-960 Portage Avenue
Feel free to contact them directly:
Tel: (204) 784-1130
Fax: (204) 784-4177
Want to donate online instead? Click here